2010年2月26日星期五

Kung Hei Fat Choi from the UK!

This year, in the absence of ourparents, my sister and I spent NewYear's Day at my flat. Since it wasalso Valentine's Day, my boyfriendand I had invited all the couples weknew for an anti-Valentine'sknees-up ( 派對), which soon mergedinto a Year of the Tiger dim sum party.

We spent the day beforefrantically ( 瘋狂地) sourcing wontonwrappers and potato starch at theonly Chinese supermarket in NorthLondon, at rush hour. I also took itupon myself to bake heart-shapedcookies, and fill the house with pinksweets.

By the time Sunday came, wewere head to toe inflour and furious with each other,and all the chocolate lucky moneyhad been eaten as a calming measure.

I knew the tradition of filling the housewith fruit and chocolate-tostart the year as you hope it willcontinue-but our year beganwith a house full of hungry people,floors covered in discarded wrappersand overflowing bins.

I hope the spirits will let us off,since it was our first grown-up party.

Next year, we've decided to go to arestaurant. For now, from theofficially initiated-Kung Hei FatChoi, let's hope Easter never comes.

Writer's profile

Emma-Lee Moss is better known by her stage name of Emmythe Great. A British singer-songwriter, she was brought up in HongKong and emigrated to the UK at the age of 12. Now a resident ofLondon, she spends her days writing music in an abandonedcottage in Maida Vale. Her debut album First Love was released in Hong Kong last July.

沒有留言:

發佈留言